Designer / Senior Designer
Hicksville, NY, USA
Ready to fight the fight against climate change? SETTY is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary engineering firm that designs high-performance buildings. We are the unsung heroes fighting against global warming and we renowned for cutting edge design solutions, which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our integrated approach combines HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of building design and environmental best practices. Join us and work in a lively environment with great opportunities to contribute and grow.
The Designer/Senior Designer’s responsibility is to develop and issue design and construction drawings and material requisitions for Control and Protection projects. This work includes design of new substations, modifications and expansion of existing substations, addition/expansion of SCADA, and replacement of existing relay systems.
- Be able to develop complex wiring diagrams from relay functional diagrams, AC and DC schematics.
- Participate in project conceptualization meetings to discuss specific projects with Engineering, Operating, Maintenance and Project Management Departments.
- Participate in pre-design field walk-downs with the operating, maintenance and constructing organizations.
- Prepare material requisitions within SAP.
- Assist with wire checks and in the case of smaller projects is prepared to do wire checks unassisted.
- Meet and work with field forces to discuss and review proposed designs in the engineering and design phase and to resolve design issues during the construction phase of a project.
- Meet and/or communicate with manufacturer’s representatives to resolve manufacturer design and drawing problems.
- Participate in the review of new equipment and materials.
- Applicants should have a minimum of five year's experience in design and drafting of electrical wiring drawings.
- Two years of technical college are desirable.
- The candidate must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of protective relaying and substation equipment is desirable.
- Inter personal skills are also required.