Mechanical / Plumbing Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Ready to fight the fight against climate change? SETTY is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary engineering firm that designs high-performance buildings. We are the unsung heroes fighting against global warming and we renowned for cutting edge design solutions, which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our integrated approach combines HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering skills with an in-depth knowledge of building design and environmental best practices. Join us and work in a lively environment with great opportunities to contribute and grow.
- This dynamic role calls for an energetic and highly motivated Mechanical / Plumbing Engineer capable of independently performing various phases of design, including conceptual design to construction documents, prepare construction drawings & specifications for plumbing & fire protection systems; perform & direct the design of plumbing systems for new construction & renovations in residential, institutional, & retail buildings; coordinate projects; as well as design, implement & improve plumbing components and support for federal, healthcare, laboratory, and pharmaceutical projects.
- He or she will also respond to all RFI’s, review shop drawings, code review and analysis, conduct field visits, and develop punch lists for project closeouts.
- He or she will have excellent verbal & written communication skills and serve as a representative of the firm both internally and externally.
- Master’s of Science (or foreign equivalent degree) in Mechanical Engineer or related with knowledge of designing HVAC, plumbing & fire protection systems.
- AutoCAD and REVIT proficient.
- LEED Certification required.
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working.
- Excellent knowledge in C, C++, Visual Basic & MATLAB.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.