Senior Electrical Engineer
New York, NY / Albany, NY, USA
Ready to fight the fight against climate change? SETTY is an award-winning, multi-discipline engineering firm focused on high performance design. Through our integrated and holistic approach to the design of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, we provide sustainability focused solutions to our clients that result in reduced energy consumption and preservation of our natural resources. Join us and work in a lively environment with opportunities to contribute and grow.
We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Electrical Engineer to work in our MEP Engineering Division for the New York Region. Duties will include design of a wide range of projects including laboratories, hospitals and commercial, institutional and education buildings. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be a key member in the project team and will be focused on multi-discipline collaboration to develop superior, highly coordinated drawings and specification documents.
- Coordination with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues.
- Execute superior quality electrical and low voltage designs in CAD and Revit .
- Design and select luminaires and lighting controls systems.
- Develop Performance Specification and layouts for fire alarm and other low voltage systems.
- Engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for low, medium and high voltage systems.
- Field Survey and documentation of existing conditions.
- Perform construction administration, including conducting field inspections and subsequent inspection reports and answering RFIs.
- Incorporation of LEED and other local sustainability guides into the design of Electrical and Low Voltage systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- 6+ year's experience designing Electrical Systems for hospitals, labs and educational buildings.
- AutoCAD proficient.
- Interest in sustainable design.
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- LEED AP.
- Electrical, PE.
- Revit Proficiency.
- Working knowledge of Navis Works and SKM software.