|Virginia Department of Transportation
Jones Point Park
|Design/Build Engineering Services
Jones Point Park is designed as a local neighborhood park with regional and national historic interest. Situated under the Woodrow Wilson Bridge the park space includes a 700 sf maintenance and restroom. As a leader in environmental understanding, VDOT has called for a “green” building.
As such, Setty & Associates designs include:
- Photovoltaics for power, lighting and heating
- Utilization of run-off from the vast square footage of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge roadway surface as a source of grey water for the toilet rooms
- The Building is designed to maximize daylighting to reduce lighting energy consumption, by utilizing shadowing profiles
- Passive ventilation systems throughout the toilet areas to reduce energy requirements for toilet room ventilation
- Composting toilets, detaching the building from the city’s sanitary system to reduce impact on environment
- Grey water recycling
- Ground Source Heat Pump
- New 120/208 V, 3-Ph electrical distribution, power, cables and panelboard
- Occupancy sensors in maintenance room office lighting.
- CW/HW piping distribution to for 3-stall men and women’s bathrooms.
- ADA bathroom fixtures.