INOVA Center for Personalized Health, Fairfax, VA
MEP/FP Design & BIM Modeling
Taking over the iconic Exxon Mobil Headquarters in Northern Virginia, Inova Health System partnered with the Commonwealth of Virginia, Virginia's leading research universities, such as UVA and GMU, and innovative healthcare companies to expand access to cutting-edge genomic screening and assessments.
The site is being re-designed for the Inova Center for Personalized Health (ICPH), which features the Inova Schar Cancer Institute for advanced cancer care and research, as well as the Inova Translational Medicine Institute, a research and development organization at the forefront of applied genomics.
Working with HDR, Inc. and Clark Construction, SETTY’s efforts to convert the corporate office space into a research building with amenities, include key lab spaces for principal investigators, the design of a new 22,000 sf small animal vivarium, and a new 5,000 sf biorepository, as well as chemical storage areas. Some key features of the design include:
• N+1 redundancy on all primary MEP equipment.
• Electrical design up to the distribution panels on each floor. Design of specific labs and outlets shall be included in the tenant fit-out.
• 100% OA unit being used for hospital LAB application.
• Upgrade of life safety systems to current codes and lab usage.
• Design for exhaust system serving fume hoods located on each floor.
• MEP design for two (2) dedicated centralized chemical storage areas.